Founded in 2009, SBA is the world’s premier organisation for the sustainable building certification industry.
We bring together operators of rating and certification tools for sustainable buildings, standard setting organizations, national building research centres as well as key property industry stakeholders and manufacturers of construction products.
Our purpose is to advance quality certification and promote its role for the development of sustainable buildings. To achieve this, we:
- Provide guidelines for transparency and quality assurance for certification systems
- Offer market feedback to the European Commission when new regulations are being developed
- Advise the European Commission and national governments on the role certification can play to advance sustainability in construction and the built environment
- Facilitate industry-wide collaboration towards a common understanding of how regulations, information and the certification process may be harmonized
- Lead partnerships for research on innovations in tools supporting the construction market for sustainable buildings